APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!
CAPS Academy is now accepting applications for our upcoming January cohort. Deadline to apply is December 12, 2022.
Thank you for considering CAPS Academy as your choice for your Peer Support Specialist Certification Training, we are honored to support your learning journey!
Our Admission Process:
Applicants apply to the Academy via online application. Because cohort capacity is limited, admittance is competitive, and applying does not guarantee an interview. Once the application period is closed, we begin conducting interviews. Those who have been interviewed will then be notified whether or not they have been admitted. We want each student to have rewarding learning experience and recognize that our format and schedule may not be a good fit for everyone. We encourage applicants to look at all of the approved training vendors that best fits their needs.
Who Can participate?
Those who identify as a Peer in recovery who are age 18 or older and who have personal lived experience with a mental illness, addiction, justice involvement and/or a close family member with lived experience.
- Training participants must commit to attending and actively participating in 84 hours of training.
- Training participants must have access to a computer or laptop and stable internet connection
- Training participants must have the technical capability and make a commitment to participate on camera during Zoom virtual classroom sessions
- Training participants must have the heart and passion to assist others on their journey.
- Are planning to take the Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialist Certification Exam.
- Have Basic Digital Literacy skills that enables participation in the Online Courses.
- Have access to a computer or laptop and stable internet connection.
- Act as an agent on their own behalf.
- Will (pro)actively contribute to the class as a learning community.
- Will commit to the entire duration of the program.
- Can create a distraction free learning environment remotely, that enables them to be fully present and engaged.
Click here to learn more and apply online!